Dr. Pradhan's five graduate students received travel awards to attend and present their research at the 2014 Society for Risk Analysis (SRA) Annual Meeting.
The Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition’s Risk Analysis Program launched the three-day course to educate students on food safety regulations related to the production and importation/exportation of food.
The Center for Food Safety and Security Systems (CFS3) was awarded a 2-Year extension in the amount of $4.6 million for their SCRI CAP grant “Developing Scientifically-based Consensus Food Safety Metrics for Leafy Greens and Tomatoes.” The original grant proposal was a 2-phase 5-year project that proposed to use greenhouse, field, and validation trials to test some of the current food safety metrics required by the government and the produce industry.
One of the premier events to which the food safety community looks forward is the annual meeting of the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP).
Congratulations to Serajus Salaheen, a graduate student in Dr. Debabrata Biswas’s lab, for being awarded a 2014 Northeast SARE Graduate Student grant.
Dr. Pradhan's four graduate students received travel awards to attend and present their research at the 2013 SRA annual meeting in December.
For a full listing, visit: Funding Opportunities
Links & Resources
- Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Food and Drug Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- World Health Organization
- FAO/WHO Food Standards - CODEX Alimentarius
- Food Safety Cooperation Forum Partnership Training Institute Network
- USDA Food Safety Research Information Office