JIFSAN Scientists Appointed Members of the National Research Council Committees
Posted Jul 8, 2009
Drs. Sanford A. Miller, Jianghong Meng, and Juliana Ruzante of JIFSAN and Dr. Robert Buchanan, Director of the UM Center for Food Safety and Security Systems, were appointed by the National Research Council to serve on Standing and Ad-Hoc Committees on the use of public health data in Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) food safety programs.
The committees are composed of approximately 30 experts met for the first time on November 7 and 8 to review FSIS data and methods for planning risk-based food inspection. The committee should have a final document which will be publicly available by spring 2009.
For a full listing, visit: Funding Opportunities
Links & Resources
- Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Food and Drug Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- World Health Organization
- FAO/WHO Food Standards - CODEX Alimentarius
- Food Safety Cooperation Forum Partnership Training Institute Network
- USDA Food Safety Research Information Office