JIFSAN Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Manual Now Available
Posted Mar 7, 2011
In 2002 JIFSAN produced the first edition of its GAP manual, a training document that has been used extensively worldwide and has been a centerpiece of the JIFSAN GAP training program.
Now JIFSAN offers an updated and enhanced edition of the GAP manual entitled ‘Improving the Safety and Quality of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: A Training Manual for Trainers’. It is available in English (Spanish translation in progress) and offers a new chapter on pesticides and chemical hazards in addition to chapters on general food safety topics, GAP, GMP, quality assurance, developing effective training programs and food laws and regulations. Practical exercises and a compilation of additional resources complete the text.
The manual may be downloaded for personal use by clicking here.
For a full listing, visit: Funding Opportunities
Links & Resources
- Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Food and Drug Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- World Health Organization
- FAO/WHO Food Standards - CODEX Alimentarius
- Food Safety Cooperation Forum Partnership Training Institute Network
- USDA Food Safety Research Information Office