CFS3 Rallies Membership at its Official Kick-off Luncheon
Posted Dec 1, 2009
On November 23, 2009, the Center for Food Safety and Security Systems officially "kicked-off" its activities at an invitation only luncheon at the University of Maryland Golf Course. With an audience of over 60 representatives from academia, industry and the federal government, Dr. Robert L. Buchanan, Director of the CFS3, rallied support for the Center’s activities in food safety and protection research, education and outreach through collaborative partnerships and membership into the CFS3 Advisory Council. Dr. Jianghong Meng, Director of the Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (JIFSAN) also spoke about the institutes renowned food safety training programs and how as a sector of CFS3, JIFSAN is contributing to the opportunities for education on a global scale.
Also on hand to convey strong UM support behind CFS3 was University President, Dr. C.D. Mote, Jr. and Dean of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Dr. Cheng-i Wei. Other guests included representatives from Mars, Inc., USDA, FDA, ConAgra Foods, The Coca-Cola Company, The Campbell Soup Company, PepsiCo, Inc., General Mills and a host of other industry, government agency and trade organization representatives.
For a full listing, visit: Funding Opportunities
Links & Resources
- Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Food and Drug Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- World Health Organization
- FAO/WHO Food Standards - CODEX Alimentarius
- Food Safety Cooperation Forum Partnership Training Institute Network
- USDA Food Safety Research Information Office