Center Director Honored with the Designation of Silliker Lecturer for 2010 IAFP Annual Meeting
Posted Aug 9, 2010
Dr. Robert L. Buchanan, CFS3 Director, was the designated Silliker Lecturer for the 2010 International Association for Food Protection (IFAP) Annual Meeting. Buchanan gave a riveting lecture entitled "Understanding Foodborne Microorganisms: A Matter of Perspective," which outlined how the scientific perspective has grown regarding the study of microorganisms, their microenvironments and the diversity which occurs within a population of microbial cells. To view Dr. Buchanan's presentation, click here.
Dr. John H. Silliker, Ph.D. is a renowned microbiologist that pioneered the field of food testing and safety. He founded Silliker Corporation in 1967 and in turn took the field of food safety to new heights through a "solutions-based" philosophy that went beyond analytical results.
For a full listing, visit: Funding Opportunities
Links & Resources
- Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Food and Drug Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- World Health Organization
- FAO/WHO Food Standards - CODEX Alimentarius
- Food Safety Cooperation Forum Partnership Training Institute Network
- USDA Food Safety Research Information Office